Many people have 1921 silver dollars, so it’s little surprise that we receive tons of questions from readers who want to know what these old coins are worth.
However, finding the value of a 1921 silver dollar is sometimes more difficult than just going online and looking up 1921 silver dollar values.
That’s because there are 2 different types (or designs) of 1921 silver dollars:
- One type of 1921 dollar coin is worth only a nominal amount over silver value — in most cases.
- Another type of 1921 dollar coin is relatively rare and has a value, generally exceeding $75.
What type of 1921 silver dollar do you have? What are your 1921 dollars worth?
Read on to see what your 1921 dollar coin is worth…
Do You Have A 1921 Morgan Dollar Or A 1921 Peace Dollar?
Before you can find out what your 1921 silver dollar is worth, you’ve got to know what type of dollar coin you have.
The United States Mint made silver dollars in 2 distinct designs in 1921:
It’s really easy to tell if a 1921 silver dollar is a Morgan dollar versus a Peace dollar…
What A Morgan Dollar Coin Looks Like
The Morgan dollar was minted from 1878 through 1904 — and once more in 1921.
Most are common. In fact, the 1921 Morgan silver dollar is the most common of all in the series!
The Morgan silver dollar was designed by its namesake designer George T. Morgan.
It features an obverse (“heads” side) design of Miss Liberty and reverse (“tails” side) design of an eagle.
There are several die varieties to be found among the 1921 Morgan dollar coins — though many are pretty common.
As for the different mintmarks… all 1921 Morgan silver dollar coins, regardless of where they were made, are categorically common. This includes the:
- 1921 No Mintmark Morgan silver dollar (Philadelphia)
- 1921-D Morgan silver dollar (Denver)
- 1921-S Morgan silver dollar (San Francisco)
We’ll talk about the 1921 Morgan dollar value in a minute…
What A Peace Dollar Coin Looks Like
Peace dollar coins were minted during 2 periods:
- 1921 through 1928
- 1934 through 1935
While most Peace silver dollars are relatively common, all 1921 Peace dollar coins are scarce.
1921 Peace dollar coins were minted in small quantities, and all were struck with a thick, high-relief design.
Peace silver dollar coins feature an obverse (“heads” side) design of a young Miss Liberty rather reminiscent of the Statue of Liberty in New York City.
On the reverse (“tails” side) of the Peace dollar is a design featuring a bald eagle on a mountaintop looking toward a sunrise.
The Peace dollar coin was designed by Anthony de Francisci.
Now, let’s get to what you came here for — to see the 1921 silver dollar value!…
What Is A 1921 Silver Dollar Worth?
Now that you’ve seen the differences between the 2 main types of silver dollar coins and you know which one you have, you’ll be able to figure out how much your 1921 silver dollar is worth.
Here’s how many 1921 silver dollar coins were made (including both Morgan dollars and Peace dollars) and what they’re worth:
- 1921 Philadelphia Morgan silver dollar (no mintmark): 44,690,000 minted — $17 to $20+
- 1921-D Morgan silver dollar (Denver): 20,345,000 minted — $17 to $20+
- 1921-S Morgan silver dollar (San Francisco): 21,695,000 minted — $17 to $20+
- 1921 Peace silver dollar (all minted at Philadelphia, no mintmark): 1,006,473 minted — $75 to $125+
*Values are for circulated coins without any errors or unusual varieties. Uncirculated specimens and any with errors or varieties may be worth more. Values for circulated 1921 Morgan silver dollars largely depend on the prevailing silver bullion value.
Is There A 1921 Silver Dollar Worth A Lot More Than The Others?
You’re probably wondering if there are any super rare 1921 silver dollars, or others that are worth even more than the values listed above.
Believe it or not, there are some extremely rare 1921 silver dollar coins that are worth as much as $50,000 more!
Here’s the information you’re looking for with regard to rare 1921 silver dollar values:
- Uncirculated 1921 Morgan dollars are worth $40+
- Uncirculated 1921 Peace dollars are worth $150+
- Farran Zerbe 1921 Morgan dollars are worth $3,000+
- 1921 High Relief Proof Peace dollars are worth $50,000+
Who knows, there may be other rare 1921 silver dollar coins that will eventually be discovered and become highly valuable!
Be sure to check back here occasionally to see the latest 1921 silver dollar value — because we update the values for these coins from time to time.
More About The 1921 Silver Dollar
In addition to the links I’ve included above, here are some other resources to help you learn more about your 1921 silver dollars — including 1921 Morgan silver dollar coins and 1921 Peace silver dollar coins:
- The Most Valuable Silver Dollars
- Rewriting The 1921 Proof Morgan Dollar Story
- Origins Of The 1921 Farran Zerbe Morgan Dollar Unknown
- Historic Values Of Morgan Silver Dollar Coins
- Peace Dollar Value Guide