We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Rosie wrote us and said she found a penny that has an imprint of Kennedy facing Lincoln on it and wanted to know how much it’s worth.
While I’m not the coin expert here (Joshua is), I’m fairly confident that it’s worth very little — except for it’s historic and commemorative value.
The Kenney Lincoln Penny is an example of a counterstamped coin.
In order for it to have some real value, you would need to find the “right person” who saves collector’s items like these.
Check here to find the value of the Lincoln-Kennedy Penny.
How Common Are Lincoln-Kennedy Pennies?
I got mine from my mom, who used to work at a bank.
She brought home a few of these commemorative Lincoln-Kennedy Pennies that were affixed to cards which listed some “astonishing coincidences” between the lives (and deaths) of President Abraham Lincoln and President John F. Kennedy.
Pictured here is the one I’ve managed to save for the past 20+ years.
Similarities & Coincidences Between Kennedy And Lincoln:
- Kennedy/Lincoln Coincidences
- Similarities With Their Assassinations
- Eerie Similarities Between Kennedy & Lincoln
- More Weird Similarities
However, to some, all of these “supposed” similarities simply have gone too far…
- Snopes: Debunking The Myths (… an attempt to address several “similarities” point by point)
- Even MORE Similarities Recently Uncovered! (…take this one with a grain of salt)
Some Legit Rare Coins
- Rare U.S. Coins: Which Ones To Keep
- Other Non-Commemorative Commemorative Coins Like This One
- Rare U.S. Pennies Including the 1943 Penny
- Two-Headed Coins: Are They Rare?
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).