Now that summer’s here, it’s time to start thinking about some coin collecting goals that you might be able to start and finish before the leaves begin turning red, yellow, and gold in a few months.
If you can put away just $5 a week this summer, here are some coin collecting goals you’ll be able to meet before Labor Day:
- A collection of about 20 different Mercury dimes
- An entire collection of Lincoln Memorial cents (no proofs or varieties)
- A complete Philadelphia and Denver mint collection of uncirculated 50 States Quarters
- Every Lincoln wheat cent made between 1932 and 1958
- A complete circulated collection of Jefferson nickels
- A set of 3 or 4 silver proof sets from the 1960s
- An uncirculated collection of regular-issue Eisenhower dollars and Susan B. Anthony dollars
I’m a roller coaster junkie, a weather enthusiast, a frequent traveler, and a numismatist. My love for coins began when I was 11 years old. I primarily collect and study U.S. coins produced during the 20th century. I’m a member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA) and the Numismatic Literary Guild (NLG). I’ve also been studying meteorology and watching weather patterns for years. I enjoy sharing little-known facts and fun stuff about coins, weather, travel, health, food, and living green… on a budget.