For 50 years we used the Lincoln Memorial penny.
However, in 2009, the Lincoln cent underwent a major redesign that permanently removed the Lincoln Memorial design from our pennies.
While most Lincoln Memorial pennies are worth only face value if worn and only 5 to 25 cents if uncirculated, there are a few special Lincoln Memorial cents that are worth hundreds — even thousands — of dollars.
Here are the values of a few Lincoln Memorial pennies you should be keeping an eye out for:
- 1969-S Doubled Die cent: $50,000 or more in uncirculated grades
- 1970-S Small Date cent: $50 in Mint State 63
- 1984 Doubled Die cent: $75 and up in uncirculated grades
- 1990 Proof No-S cent: $3,000 and up
- 1995 Doubled Die cent: $10 to $25 in uncirculated grades