The United States Mint has released new, free lesson plans for parents and teachers featuring the new America the Beautiful quarters.
The America the Beautiful quarters honor our nation’s national parks, landmarks, and monuments and will, over 11 years, cover one such point of interest in each of our 50 states.
The United States Mint’s America the Beautiful quarters lesson plans can be used in a number of different teaching environments and even include adaptability for computer and non-computer teaching scenarios.
The first 5 America the Beautiful quarters, being made in 2010, feature:
- Arkansas: Hot Springs National Park
- Wyoming: Yellowstone National Park
- California: Yosemite National Park
- Arizona: Grand Canyon National Park
- Oregon: Mount Hood National Forest